Looking for a cheap getaway and willing to travel at night? Getting to New York or Washington D.C. may have just gotten easier if you’re willing to take Amtrak.
The rail company recently began offering “night owl fares” for certain off-peak hour trains traveling between Washington, D.C. and New York, with multiple routes including Wilmington. To be eligible for the cheap coach tickets, the trains must depart between 7 p.m. and 5 a.m.
While prices vary depending on the route and time, some will be as low as $5. Most will be in the $5 to $20 range.
The fares, Amtrak said, are a “great option” for those returning from concerts, sporting events or people who prefer traveling when the trains are less crowded.
What cities are included in Amtrak’s night owl program?
Amtrak did not say how long the deals will last, but they include stops in New York, Philadelphia, Wilmington, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
Sample one-way fares include:
- New York to Washington: $20
- New York to Baltimore/BWI: $15
- Washington to Newark/Newark Liberty: $15
- New York to Philadelphia: $10
- New York to Wilmington: $10
- Philadelphia to Washington: $10
- Washington to Wilmington $10
- Philadelphia to Baltimore/BWI: $5
- New York to Newark/Newark Liberty: $5
- Washington to Baltimore/BWI: $5
Want more information?
For more details, visit amtrak.com/nightowl.
Got a tip? Send to Isabel Hughes at email@example.com or 302-324-2785. For all things breaking news, follow her on Twitter at @izzihughes_